To Our Valued Customers
Spyderco, Inc. conducts its business in an honest, fair, and proper manner. Spyderco products are designed and built for use as cutting and sharpening tools. Use of our products outside the scope of their intended purpose is considered abuse and is not covered by warranty. Like all tools, Spyderco knives require proper maintenance to function properly and are subject to normal wear and tear. Knives and other products put to hard use for extended periods of time may eventually reach the end of their service life and should be retired from use and replaced.
Duration of Coverage
- This warranty covers the owner of a genuine Spyderco product for the life of the product.
What Does the Warranty Cover/Not Cover?
- Spyderco warrants that all of our genuine products are free from defects in material and workmanship.
- This warranty does not cover loss, theft, or any damages caused by accidents, abuse, misuse, improper handling, alterations, neglect, improper sharpening, normal wear and tear, or repairs performed by any service not authorized by Spyderco, Inc.
- Consequential or incidental damages are not recoverable under this warranty. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation may not apply to you.
- Spyderco’s knives are assembled to exacting tolerances by trained technicians, so we discourage end users from disassembling or adjusting our knives. If a knife has been disassembled and reassembled correctly—so as to maintain its proper mechanical function—this warranty remains in full effect. However, if a knife has been disassembled and reassembled in such a way that, in Spyderco’s sole determination, the proper mechanical function of the knife has been compromised, it is no longer covered by warranty.
- Spyderco’s warranty only applies to original, unaltered Spyderco components. Aftermarket parts and accessories added to your knife are not covered by our warranty, nor are Spyderco components that have been altered or modified in any way. If, in Spyderco’s sole determination, the installation of an aftermarket part or the modification of an original Spyderco factory part compromised the proper mechanical function of the knife in any way, the knife is no longer covered by warranty.
- Broken, lost, or bent metal clips are typically not covered by Spyderco’s warranty. For more information please visit our Replacement Clips page.
What Spyderco Will Do
- If your Spyderco product fails to function as it was designed, we will examine its condition upon its return to Spyderco, Inc. and determine the cause of the failure.
- If we determine there is a defect in the manufacture, materials, or workmanship of your Spyderco product, Spyderco, Inc. will repair or exchange that product with the same or similar model or one of equal value. The value of the product will be based on the manufacturer’s suggested retail price, as published by Spyderco, Inc.
- If the problem with a returned product is determined to be caused by reasons other than a defect in manufacture, materials, or workmanship, Spyderco, Inc. will determine whether the product can be repaired and provide a free estimate of the repair service cost. Upon authorization and receipt of payment for the repair and return shipping of the product, we will perform the repair.
- If Spyderco is unable to improve the condition of a knife, we will return it to you with the recommendation it be retired from use. All costs associated with shipment of the product are the responsibility of the customer.
- Spyderco offers a variety of sharpening and repair services. Depending on the repairs necessary to restore the function of your knife, a fee may be required.
- If your knife requires other services or you have any questions concerning the repair process, please contact us directly:
Where to Send Your Product for Warranty Consideration and Repair
- When sending your knife to us for warranty service or repair, please include the completed WARRANTY & REPAIR FORM, pack it carefully and include a detailed description of the problem and how it occurred. Please also provide a company or individual name, a physical return address (no P.O. boxes please), a daytime phone number, and proof of purchase, if available. We recommend shipping by UPS or registered mail to allow you to track and insure your shipment.
PLEASE SHIP TO: SPYDERCO, INC. ATTN: Warranty and Repair 820 Spyderco Way Golden, CO 80403 USA
- his warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights depending upon your state of residence.
RELEASE, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT:By purchasing or receiving any item produced by Spyderco, Inc. the owner assumes the responsibility to research and comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws related to the possession, ownership, carry, shipment, transport, and use of any Spyderco product. The owner expressly agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Spyderco, Inc. for all claims resulting directly or indirectly from the purchase, possession, ownership, transportation or use of the item in violation of applicable federal, state and local laws or regulations. Spyderco is not liable for the misuse of any Spyderco knife or product purchased either directly from Spyderco or from a reseller. You must be eighteen (18) years of age to purchase Spyderco knives. Please contact Spyderco, Inc. or visit our website for the most up-to-date information on our products and their availability.
Add Our Exclusive Knives to your Buck Collection
The same great brand with exclusive styles and variations only sold by Copper & Clad. Add one to your collection today.